Friday, July 24, 2015

July 13, 2015

Hey guys! 

So this week was pretty good. On Monday we made cookies for our zone training. Then we had a lesson in the park with two Afghanistan ladies. It went pretty good but the one just didn't understand how we are any different from Muslims (which they are). We told her about how we have the priesthood which is the Authority to act in God’s name and that Jesus was not a prophet, He is our Savior. But she didn't get it. Then we got rudely interrupted by a drunk guy and they said they had to go. Then we invited the drunken guy to church and he said he would come but he didn't. Then we went and picked up some Chinese food and went to the Kramer’s today to help him do service. We mowed his lawn and I weed wacked. I got two blisters on my finger from pulling it over. Guess it's been to long since I have started anything. 
 
An office selfie
Tuesday, we had zone training. I saw a kid there that I met through Anderson my last companion and this is his last transfer. It's sad to see him go. For zone training we had some good little talks and then watched Joseph Smith, The Restoration. It was good. Then we got subway and went back to Hagen for English class. We were in Dortmund for zone training. English class went well. I think we are helping Daniel learn a little more English. 

On Wednesday, we had an appointment with Eve again. It went pretty good. She is in a tricky situation, so I don't know when she will be able to get baptized. After teaching Eve, I went to another town on a split with Elder Morris. We went by on a guy who wasn't home and then went to a new member they know. We had a good lesson about being thankful. There is a Mormon message about it that we watched. This guy that we were teaching, however, is such a good inspiration. He receives money every month from the government and he sends it to his family so his sister can go to school. He also didn't take a job because it would keep him from going to church. He is such a great guy. He tells us that he will never beg for food or money because he has two hands and can work. He had a little plate of pennies and he said that is all he had for the month. It made me realize how grateful I am for growing up in such good conditions and with such great parents. There is a lot I have taken for granted in my life, but it makes me realize we should be thankful for everything we have. 
 
Our plan of salvation drawing in the park.
On Thursday, we split back and Elder Frickey and I did studies and went to institute. We met a girl there from Massachusetts. It's weird how many different people you meet on the mission.

Friday, we did our weekly planning and then went to Lüdensheid to do some work. We went and talked with a dude we gave a Book of Mormon to our first week together. He said that he reads it occasionally and enjoys it. He told us we could come back next Friday and tell him a history back ground of the book. I am so happy. He also told us he has a lot of work to do around the house so I told him when he needs help we can come back and help him too and he seemed very surprised and interested. I hope he calls us. I love doing service. 

So Saturday we went to Burger King for lunch. Yes they have those in Germany. Then we went by on less actives and didn't see too much success.  One lady told us to come back by though which is awesome. Then we were headed to Brother Kramer’s because he has us over every Saturday and we had some time afterwards so we went by on a family called Niggemeyer. We rang the door bell and the guy answered, recognized us and told us that he would have time to meet on Sunday next week. We literally said nothing and he made an appointment. Haha. It was awesome. So we have a bit to do next week. Also, on Sunday we had a guy named Mathias show up. He was a referral from another area. He seemed to enjoy it and he had brought a friend with him. Hopefully they will come next week. Then we got invited over to Brother Kramer’s son’s house for lunch. He is less active.  He fed us ribs and potatoes. It was good. He is a good kid and he told us that he doesn't know why but he always feels good after he talks to us. I am glad that we can be doing the Lords work. It is so much fun.
 
Elder Crittenden with our drawing
So our mini missionary was from Mülheim his parents are members and he likes soccer. That's pretty much all I got out of him. I heard you guys are planning on taking family pictures at the cabin. Are you going to get a cut out me and include me? Yes, we do have three meetings here, first Priesthood, then Sunday School and then Sacrament. I understand a lot better in Sacrament. One kid gave a talk on the gospel of Jesus Christ and this was his first Sunday at church after his mission. Then our bishop got up and gave a talk about how cell phones are good for scriptures and stuff but we shouldn't be using them in the sacrament. There are a lot of people who use them so he was getting a little mad about it.  I have no clue how long I am going to be in Hagen or with Elder Frickey. We find out in two more weeks.

I love you all so much have a good week! 

Devin



No comments:

Post a Comment