Monday, May 18, 2015

May 4, 2015

Hey guys!
This week has been pretty good we went to this overlook with this old member couple in our ward. That is what that horse statue is in the picture I sent. I guess the guys name is Kaiser (A Germany Emperor) and he brought Germany together a long time ago. It used to be 200 separate states or something and now it is 7 or so I think.
 Emperor William I known in German
as 
Kaiser-Wilhelm-Denkmal
It was cool to see the City from afar. We then had dinner with them and then went to an old lady member who we taught. It was fun. I think I understand a bit more when people talk.   It’s just hard. Their sentence structure is nuts. I was reading the Book of Mormon in German today and could understand what was happening. So that’s good. I also went on another split but I stayed here in Hagen. We had an English class with this kid and I think it went ok. We then had another eating appointment on Wednesday. It was really fun. We played a game like Nertz only it was called Liggereto and you can’t play solitaire on the extra cards. haha.
Thursday we went to the soup kitchen again to do service and give people soup and water and coffee. It was fun. The lady gave us Kräuter Tea which is the nastiest thing on the planet, but after a few spoonfuls of sugar and a few prayers I got it down. hah.
On Saturday we went to a member’s house and he is the coolest guy. He answered the door and pretended to be drunk and had a bottle with some red stuff in it. It was funny and it ended up that his bottle was an alcohol free drink. He fed us dinner and we shared a spiritual thought with him. He fed us some soup called Buffalo Schwanz. That means buffalo tail but I also heard schwanze is slang for something else. haha. So I am not sure what it was. I hope it was tail. Teaching the restoration last week went well. It was the first time I have taught in a while and I still kind of suck at talking, but it was good.
Hagen from the monument
I think we are going to a member’s house on Sunday to Skype. I will try and Skype you around 7:00 PM my time. You may need to make a Skype so I can use my email and password. My name is devin.kenley. Also, I am allowed to check my email anytime during the week. I am not supposed to send any but I think it would be ok for coordination reasons.
I don’t think I have any pictures of me this week but I will try and have my companion take some.
Hagen 
Well I love all of you so much and can’t wait to see you on Skype next week! Email me if you have any questions!!!!

Bye, love Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment