Monday, April 27, 2015

April 20, 2015

Hey Family,
This week was good I had my first member meal. It was good!  We had bratwurst, potatoes and mushroom sauce, and yes I ate the mushroom sauce. I have actually eaten a lot of new stuff. Carol Kenley would be proud, because I have eaten lots of vegetables.
Anyways, the member appointment went well and then the next day we went back to help them do some service. It was good and afterwards she made us lunch. She had these weird little sandwiches. One of the sandwiches I tried was a mett sandwich.  It is basically raw beef with onions and a pickle on top. Yes, it tastes like it sounds.  Actually, all I could taste was the onions.
A little village called Zurstraße
This week, I have also gone out and knocked doors in lots of weird little places. We went out to a dorf (village) called Zurstraße. We doored probably the entire little place. That is where I took all the pictures that I sent you this week. On Wednesday, we had district meetings and I got to meet the Elders in our district. I saw Elder Watts from the MTC. Then after that I went to Padderborn on a split. That was a small town and we just biked around and talked to people. One lady talked to us for a bit and gave us water (Sparkly water) and then said she had no interest. This week was good and we talked to a bunch of people, but not many want to hear what we have to say.
There are about 80 people, I think, in our ward here in Hagen. Yes, the church building is located on Straße. But it is Straße not Strabe. This thing ß is two s's so Strasse. There are only two of us in the Apartment. I don’t know why we have two extra beds. My address is Arndtstrasse 35.  Google maps street view doesn’t work on the street but the thing seems to be on the right building. My apartment is a 2 minute walk from the church again.
Outside Zurstraße
We didn’t have a baptism on Saturday. We still have a lot to teach. We do a lot of doors and a lot of meeting with members.
I didn’t realize Mother’s Day is in 21 days! That’s crazy! I can’t wait to Skype you! I think I liked Jena a little more but that’s probably because I don’t know too many people here yet. I have not met any new Farooq's.   I Hope I do though.  Farooq said he has family in Alaska and will visit when I am home! Hopefully I will have more pictures next week!
Love you all so much!
Devin


No comments:

Post a Comment