Monday, April 13, 2015

April 6, 2015

Dear Family,

All is going good here in Germany!  We got transfer calls and I am heading to Hagen! My new companions name is Elder Frickey and I will be arriving in Hagen this Thursday! That’s all I know so far. I hear my companion is pretty cool though.
 Elder Anderson and the Ybarras

We got to go to Erfurt this weekend for conference. I got some cool pictures of the Erfurt Dome! It’s a giant Catholic cathedral and it’s older than the United States! We went in and they were having Catholic mass, so we sat in and listened and it was really interesting. They had a different looking sacrament thing and they sang Latin songs or something. It was really cold dark and echoy.

We watched conference in a weird order. I don’t remember exactly how it went but we watched Priesthood on Saturday night I think and then we watched Saturday morning and night on Sunday and then we watched Sunday morning on Sunday night. We haven’t watched Sunday night session yet. Also, in our transfer calls we got news that Elder Bednar is coming to Germany this month and he is talking to us and we are all going to get Ipads for the mission.  I think they said we would have to pay for them but I am not sure how that’s going to work yet!
Ralph Tandetsky and Elder Anderson in Jena

Last week we went to Werdau for P-day and had steaks and played basketball and ping pong. It was really fun. We also had a split with the Werdau missionaries later in the week because Elder Anderson and one of the elders out there were companions in the MTC. It was real fun. Saturday night after conference, we went back to the Erfurt Elders place and there was a carnival going on so we went to that, bought a bratwurst and rode some swings. It was fun!

Sounds like you had a good week. I am glad grandma and grandpa’s deck is getting put up.

I get my package this Thursday when I go to Hagen. When you send packages they get distributed at transfers or at MLC when the Zone leaders go to Frankfurt. So I get them every three weeks or so. I am sad to leave Jena and Gustavo but it’s okay. Megan is coming in May that’s awesome. I am jealous. We haven’t done anymore service projects just the two. We didn’t really celebrate Easter besides conference. I got lots of candy though.  
Somewhere in Jena

Well, have a good week I will post more pictures a little later tonight. We forgot the card reader thing. Sorry this email was so short we have been busy packing and doing things to get ready to leave! 

I will write next week from Hagen!


Love Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment